VIDEO: It wasn't rough the day I got washed in.
GREG Finney is a veteran rock fisherman with 45 years' experience on ledges and platforms up and down the NSW coast.
Then one day he almost died.
Watch this powerful and moving video as Greg recounts what happened on that fateful day and explains why he now NEVER rock fishes without a lifejacket.
No matter if you're an expert or a novice, always remember these basic rock fishing safety rules:
· Always wear a AS4758 approved life jacket
· Stay alert to the weather conditions
· Plan an escape route in case you're washed in
· Never turn your back on the ocean
· Wear appropriate non-slip footwear and suitable clothing
· Don't jump in if someone is washed into the water - call 000 or go and get help