Mark the date: Gone Fishing Day
Gone Fishing Day is on again! This is a national day to celebrate our love of fishing and the NSW DPI will be running a host of eventsand encourage everyone to get out on the water. It doesn't matter if you haven't fished before or if you're the keenest of anglers, Gone Fishing Day is for everyone!
Free NSW DPI community fishing events for everyone will be run in six locations across NSW on Sunday 15 October, from 9am - 3pm.
- Botany Bay, Dolls Point, Peter Depena Reserve
- Coffs Harbour Jetty Foreshore Park
- Nelson Bay foreshore, Victoria Parade (eastern groyne)
- Lake Illawarra, Judbooley Parade foreshore (north side of Windang Bridge)
- Albury, Noreuil Park foreshore
- Inverell, Campbell Park, Captain Cook Drive
Free, fun-filled fishing activities at each location will include:how to fish workshops, casting comps, goodie bags with bonus lures, expert fishing tips classes, touch tanks, loads of kids' activities, fish cooking demos and lots more.
There is something for everyone, including beginners, who want to try and learn about fishing, as well as activities for the keen angler.
Forty-two fishing clubs will also be holding local fishing events around the state.
Check out a map of the locations and get more info HERE.