Win prizes on Gone Fishing Day, 18 October
GONE Fishing Day is on again and this year it's going online and focusing on local waterways with plenty of chances to win prizes.
Due to COVID, Gone Fishing Day organisers are encouraging everyone who can to continue to celebrate Gone Fishing Day on Sunday, October 18 by throwing a line in. But keep groups as small as possible to your own households only – and practice social distancing and good hygiene.
Australia is blessed with some of the most beautiful and pristine local environments in the world, and Gone Fishing Day is a great excuse to get out explore and celebrate fishing across our beautiful country.
Gone Fishing Day 2020's virtual format has been specifically designed so that everyone can get involved by uploading your favourite photos, video and stories, past and present. Just download the Gone Fishing Day App, register your name and get involved to go in the running for these great prizes:
Random Prize Draws Every 5 minutes!
- $20 BCF instant giftcards from 6am - 6pm on the day.
Local Waterway Needs Focus
- Send us a photo or video and 25 words on why we should focus on your local waterway for your chance to win a $500.00 BCF giftcard courtesy of OzFish Unlimited.
Local Waterways Happy Place Prize
- Send us a photo or video and 25 words telling us what you love about your local waterway for your chance to win a $500.00 BCF giftcard courtesy of OzFish Unlimited.
Family Fishing Heros
- Send us a photo or video of your family fishing and 25 words (or less) telling us why your family loves fishing your local waterway for your chance to win a $500.00 BCF giftcard courtesy of OzFish Unlimited.
Best underway video of Fish Habitat
- Send us a clip of your video and 25 words for your chance to win a Navico Sounder.
It’s never been a better time to go fishing. So get out of the house, switch off the laptop, and enjoy all the incredible benefits you get from a day on the water. While you’re at it, really focus on your local waterway, have a think about how lucky we all are, and share the love on social media through the app.
For more information: gonefishingday.com.au